The University of North Carolina is the nation’s first public university, founded in 1789 to serve North Carolina, the nation and the world through education, research and engagement. With an enrollment of nearly 30,000 students on a historic campus in a quintessential college town, Carolina looks ahead to the future. In 2011, the University completed an Academic Plan, which will position Carolina for a decade of innovation in which we will:
- Work to attract, challenge, and inspire students through transformative academic experiences;
- Promote faculty prominence, recruitment, development and retention;
- Enhance interdisciplinarity in teaching, research and public engagement;
- Further equity and inclusion;
- Recognize and reward engaged scholarship; and
- Extend our global presence, teaching, research and public service.
Carolina offers bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral and professional degrees in:
UNC has more than 3,200 members of the faculty, and the University endeavors to be a rewarding place to work or study, and embraces an unwavering commitment to excellence. We hope you will consider applying to be a member of our faculty.