In accordance with the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill will hire only and continue to employ U.S. citizens, nationals, and aliens authorized to work for the University. The INA states that all employers, regardless of size, must verify both employment eligibility and the identity of all individuals hired after November 6, 1986.
- EHRA Faculty Posting Requirements
- Employment Eligibility Verification and Form I-9
- Faculty Criminal Conviction Checks Policy and Procedure
Background check requirements for all new hires
- Faculty Spousal and Partner Hiring Assistance Program
This document references spousal hiring process
- Intercampus Recruitment
A policy outlining process for recruiting or soliciting UNC system faculty
- Nepotism Policy
- New Hire Documents
- Policy on Unpaid Volunteers, Interns and Visiting Scholars
- Recruitment Advertising Resources
Information to advertise and/or post faculty positions
- Targeted Hiring
The purpose of the program is to attract accomplished and talented new faculty members from underrepresented groups for tenure track appointments at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.