Please scan and attach approved copies of all required forms and documents to the ConnectCarolina ePAR:
- Contract letter from department to employee
- Recommendation letter
- School/Department Promotions Committee Report (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vita
- Outside letters of recommendation
- Teaching documentation
An AP-2 form is to be completed for a new appointee who is Exempt from the Human Resources Act (EHRA) and to effect any subsequent changes in appointment, reappointment, or promotion. Please verify that information is correct.
Contract letter/department offer letter from department to employee.
Letter of recommendation letter addressed to the Provost or from the Chair, if applicable, endorsed by the Dean.
If applicable, include the committee report.
The following is the preferred order for presentation of the CV. In every subheading, list items in reverse chronological order with most recent items first. Please date the CV so reviewers will know that they have the most recent version and number pages.
- Professional Experience
- Bibliography — on all items, show author order
- Books and Chapters, including pages
- Refereed papers/articles, including pages
- Refereed unpublished oral presentations and/or abstracts
- Other non-refereed works, including book reviews, dissertations, monographs
- Teaching record
- Grants (source, amount, type of grant, role on project, starting and ending dates)
- Professional Service:
- To discipline
- Within UNC-Chapel Hill
Important Note: CVs should not include age, date of birth, martial status, or social security number (SSN). These items are not relevant and should always be omitted from the CV.
At least two letters must be included. If more than two are received, include all.
- Reflective statement
- Teaching activities: List courses for the past three years, number of students taught by section. Give names of graduate students supervised, thesis titles, and completion dates for degree work since employment at UNC-CH. Undergraduate honors projects should be included as well.
- Teaching evaluations: Summaries should be provided showing quantitative data which evaluates the teaching effectiveness. (Do not include individual student evaluations or grade sheets.)
- Peer evaluations: Although not required, the faculty member may receive unsolicited letters of recommendation from colleagues with whom he or she may have collaborated. All evaluations must be submitted by individuals of equal or higher rank.
Provide one copy of the above documents plus a copy of the Edit Existing Job ePAR. Please use ConnectCarolina Document Attachments whenever possible for the above requirements. Attachments need to have all applicable approvals through administrative channels.