Please scan and attach approved copies of all required forms and documents to the ConnectCarolina Hire ePAR:
Fixed Term Faculty Initial Appointments
Temporary or part-time initial appointments (adjunct / visiting)
- Contract letter from department to employee
- Recommendation letter
- School/Department Promotions Committee Report (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vita
- Official Transcript
- Completed Background Check
- Professional Experience
- Bibliography — on all items, show author order
- Books and Chapters, including pages
- Refereed papers/articles, including pages
- Refereed unpublished oral presentations and/or abstracts
- Other non-refereed works, including book reviews, dissertations, monographs
- Teaching record
- Grants (source, amount, type of grant, role on project, starting and ending dates)
- Professional Service:
- To discipline
- Within UNC-Chapel Hill
Important Note: CVs should not include age, date of birth, martial status, or social security number (SSN). These items are not relevant and should always be omitted from the CV.
For faculty moving from fixed term to tenure track or tenured, outside letters are required.
For faculty moving from one fixed term position to another fixed term position in a different department and the academic/research focus is different, outside letters are required.
For faculty moving from a tenure track appointment to a fixed term appointment in the same academic department and area of expertise, the Chair has the discretion to waive or alternatively require the two outside letters with the concurrence of the Dean’s Office.
No letters are required:
For faculty moving from one fixed term position to another fixed term position within the same academic/clinical department with the same area of expertise.
For retirees at 50% or less (including phased retirees) who are returning to the same academic department and their duties involve the same area of expertise as the previous tenured appointment.
For fixed term positions < 50% FTE.
For temporary appointments one year or less (must be a temporary recruitment).
- Payroll forms (completed in ConnectCarolina)
- OP-1 Hiring Credentials Check for EHRA Employees (keep in dept office – if applicable)
- Background Check Authorization (Processed through ConnectCarolina)
- The I-9 forms and information are accessible through LawLogix Guardian I-9 in the left menu bar. I-9 information may be found at Form I-9 and E-Verify Compliance Manual