The following list of documents constitutes what we refer to as the “Standard Order” of paperwork required for review for tenure track reappointment and approval through appropriate administrative channels. This list relates to and is partially duplicated by the document titled “Dossier Format for Tenure Track or Tenured Faculty Review.” However, the guidelines below include other administrative documents and forms which in total comprise the appointment package but are not a substantive part of the faculty committee review process.
These documents are required for reappointment of an instructor. The instructor may be reappointed successively for three future one year terms, a total of four such terms.
Department hired employee as Instructor with Special Provisions (Job Code – 60000)
- Department would need to process a Position Data update to change from Instructor with Special Provision to Assistant Professor.
- Once that has been done, position job code change will write into job BUT they will also need to process an Edit Existing Job ePAR to update Expected End Date, Update tenure data and remove check box of ‘Nominated’
- Action/Action reason; Data Change/Job Data Change.
- Professional experience
- Bibliography (show author order) – Please refer to Section E of the Standard Order Table.
- Books & chapters (include pages)
- Refereed papers/articles (include pages)
- Refereed unpublished oral presentations and/or abstracts
- Other non-refereed works (include book reviews, dissertations, monographs)
- Teaching activities: List courses for the past three years, number of students taught by section. Give names of graduate students supervised, thesis titles, and completion dates for degree work since employment at UNC-Chapel Hill. Undergraduate honors projects should be included as well.
- Grants (source, amount, type of grant, role on project, starting and ending dates)
- Professional service
- To discipline
- Within UNC-Chapel Hill
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
Please verify that information is correct.
Important Note: CVs should not include age, date of birth, marital status, or social security number (SSN). These items are not relevant and should always be omitted from the CV.
Summaries should be provided showing quantitative data which evaluates the teaching effectiveness. (Do not include individual student evaluations or grade sheets.)
Please include an evaluative summary of peer observation of classroom lectures.