The following list of documents constitutes what we refer to as the “Standard Order” of paperwork which must be submitted for tenure track promotions for review and approval through administrative channels. This list relates to and is partially duplicated by the document titled “Dossier: Format for Tenure Track or Tenured Faculty Review.” However, the below guidelines include other administrative documents and forms which in total compose the appointment package but which are not a substantive part of the faculty committee review process.
- Professional experience
- Bibliography (show author order) – Please refer to Section E of the Standard Order Table.
- Books & chapters (include pages)
- Refereed papers/articles (include pages)
- Refereed unpublished oral presentations and/or abstracts
- Other non-refereed works (include book reviews, dissertations, monographs)
- Teaching activities: List courses for the past three years, number of students taught by section. Give names of graduate students supervised, thesis titles, and completion dates for degree work since employment at UNC-Chapel Hill. Undergraduate honors projects should be included as well.
- Grants (source, amount, type of grant, role on project, starting and ending dates)
- Professional service
- To discipline
- Within UNC-Chapel Hill
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
Important Note: CVs should not include age, date of birth, marital status, or social security number (SSN). These items are not relevant and should always be omitted from the CV.
Summaries should be provided showing quantitative data which evaluates the teaching effectiveness. (Do not include individual student evaluations or grade sheets.)
Please include an evaluative summary of peer observation of classroom lectures.